Monday, September 10, 2007

Rodeo, Rodeo....Where for art thou Rodeo?

It was a particularly sunny day on Sunday, so despite nursing the trauma of the previous two late nights, Lynne and I went on an expedition in our surrounding area. Our goals were as follows.... 1) Locate the alleged Mokdong Rodeo Drive....2) Locate the nearby Cash' N Carry type place, Costco..... 3) Investigate the Mokdong Stadium complex to try and find out if there is a local football, baseball or hockey team to support and booze at before nights out. Also to check whether the ice rink supplied skates for people with mutant feet like me. You know what they say about guys with big feet eh? Well, if it's an ice rink, it's usually.... "Fuck off yeti", but on this rare occasion, it appears I may be in luck.

First of all, we found a brilliant t-shirt in Hyundai Department Store, as you can see below. The pop star salesman looked a little bemused, and slightly upset that we were laughing at the merchandise. Probably as he was wearing the same t-shirt.



After an hour of searching, we had failed to find Rodeo Drive. Obviously, finding such an area is really of zero interest to me, but it had become a mission, so we persevered. However, in place of Prada, Gucci, and Versace signs, we were firmly entrenched in an area displaying Sexy Bar, Massageee, and Hungry And Homeless signs instead. Luckily, I was able to strike one thing off my shopping list that day. I needed to buy washing powder, some socks and a new suit of armour, and was very fortunate to come across the "Suit Of Armour" shop. You know, just the necessities. Either way, thank the heavens for such useful shops, and I clanked clumsily onwards with my wench by my side.



Armour gets very hot, so I passed it reluctantly to a passing peasant boy, knowing that the fairytale realm of Mokdong would be safe under his rule. After such shenanigans, the quest to conquer Costco was put on hold, and sadly, we realised that at the stadium complex we could have been watching either "Bolshoi On Ice" or the Under-17's World Cup Final this afternoon.

Alas, my spirits were lifted when I examined the imported beer section in the supermarket to find an intimidatingly large green bottle named "Genghis Khan Hi-Tech Beer", at a lofty 7%. Also, fake champagne at a satisfying one pound fifty. We proceeded to while away a couple of hours being mildly entertained by Disturbia, despite the cinema trying to poison my body with Coke Zero. On the way home through my ghetto, the delightfully quirky Sinjeong-4-Dong, we saw many of my neighbours hanging their red peppers out to dry in the evening sun. As you do. There, that was a very interesting post now wasn't it!?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home